Mongolia closed its borders and cancelled all flights in mid-February in order to prevent the spread of coronavirus from China. Over 12 thousand foreign nationals from 51 countries staying in Mongolia have applied to leave the country; 20-30 percent of them will be evacuated by Government chartered flights in August.
Mongolia will evacuate more than 3000 Koreans who applied to leave the country with charter planes on 1, 14, 15 and 22 August.
MIAT, Mongolian airlines will conduct following charter flights:
– to Seattle, USA on 5 August,
– New Delhi, India on 6 August,
-Tokyo, Japan on 7 and 24 August,
– Frankfurt, Germany on 8, 21 and 26 August
– Prague, Czech Republic on 10 August
– Istanbul, Turkey on 15 August
– Australia on 27 August.