Saving lives in Mongolia: rapid response strategy - News.MN

Saving lives in Mongolia: rapid response strategy

Tuesday

2019/10/15

Dollar (USD)

2533.95

Ulaanbaatar

+19°C

Saving lives in Mongolia: rapid response strategy

Nearly 7-8 people die each day as a result of injuries in Mongolia. The National Trauma Orthopedic Research Centre treats almost 110,000 injured people annually. According to a survey, the hospital manages to save 70 percent of the lives of people injured in accidents; however, the remaining 30 percent die of injures simply because golden time is lost.

Therefore, it has been decided to establish an emergency ‘Call Centre’ using a soft loan of Asian Development Bank. In other words, the current emergency ‘103’ phone service will be integrated into the ‘Call Centre’ and emergency posts will be established in those areas where high incidence of road accidents occurs.

The National Trauma Orthopedic Research Centre already has two ‘air ambulance’ helicopters for emergency patient transportation; it now plans to buy two more.

For your Reactions?
1
LoveLove
0
HeartHeart
0
HahaHaha
0
WowWow
0
YayYay
0
SadSad
0
PoopPoop
0
AngryAngry
Voted Thanks!

Related News